Modern Software Development In an Agile World
Development in an Agile world can be challenging but fun, while working towards the goal of delivering a system free of defects, on time and in a cost-effective manner. This course will give students the practical skills and specific techniques to build the Zero Defect concept into their methods of building and maintaining systems. The primary emphasis is to avoid errors rather than to re-work to correct them. This course promotes a straightforward approach with a direct and demonstrable relationship between the quality of the requirements analysis, the quality of the test plans that result, and the quality of the operational system. Students will utilize Behavior Driven Development to go from accepted user stories in Version One to a functional application complete with automated tests using Gherkin and the Cucumber framework. In addition, students will utilize Selenium to test web-based applications within the Cucumber framework.
1. Systems Analysis Foundations
2. Scrum Master Overview
3. Making Successful Briefings and Presentations
Upon completion, students will be able to:
1. Incorporate the Zero Defect concept into methods of building and maintaining systems.
2. Develop an integrated design, construction, and test plan.
3. Create test objectives and acceptance criteria.
4. Design effective test cases using white-box and black-box techniques
5. Utilize a variety of testing techniques.
6. Develop a series of data models from different sets of requirements.
7. Identify entities, attributes, and relationships.
8. Apply normalization rules to data attributes.
9. Design a relational database using data modeling.
10. Work through a project using Behavior Driven Development.
11. Create scenarios in Gherkin.
12. Write steps and features to automate the testing of a Python application.
13. Test web-based applications using Selenium.
14. Complete a sprint and track progress using Version One.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
System Design and Requirements Engineering
Behavior Driven Development
User Story Management
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.