ASP.NET Core MVC
This course provides a practical hands-on introduction to developing Web applications using ASP.NET Core MVC 6 and C#. This Web development framework from Microsoft emphasizes separation of concerns in the architecture and testability of applications. This course covers development on Microsoft’s new .NET Core platform. The course is current to .NET Core 2.0, which is a major update of the original .NET Core 1.0. Working with .NET Core is now simpler, as project information is consolidated in project files without the need for source JSON files. Also, the .NET Core 2.0 API has been extended and is a much larger subset of classical .NET than in .NET Core 1.0.
The student should have a good working knowledge of C# and the .NET Framework. Basic knowledge of HTML and some prior exposure to .NET Core would also be helpful.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the philosophy and architecture of Web applications using ASP.NET Core MVC
- Gain a practical understanding of.NET Core
- Acquire a working knowledge of Web application development using ASP.NET Core MVC 6 and Visual Studio 2017
- Persist data with XML Serialization and ADO.NET with SQL Server 2016
- Create HTTP services using ASP.NET Core Web API
- Deploy ASP.NET Core MVC applications to the Windows Azure cloud
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to ASP.NET Core MVC
- Getting Started with ASP.NET Core MVC
- NET MVC Architecture
- The Model
- The Controller
- The View
- NET Core Web API
- NET Core and Azure
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.