Automation with Ansible (DO407)
Through hands-on labs, students will learn to automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible, learn how to write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution, centrally manage playbooks and schedule recurring execution through a web interface with Ansible Tower. Students will also learn to manage encryption for Ansible with Ansible Vault, deploy Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems, and use Ansible in a DevOps environment with Vagrant.
Topics covered include:
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts
- Use Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks
- Protect encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault
- Use Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Work with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience.
System and cloud administrators who need to automate cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and other IT needs.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to efficiently operate and more easily scale the organization’s dynamic IT infrastructure, accelerate application time to value, and rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices. The ability to use Red Hat Ansible Automation more effectively helps improve operational agility while ensuring necessary controls and consistency.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to use Ansible for the purpose of automation, configuration, and management. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
- Create and manage inventories of managed hosts and prepare them for Ansible automation.
- Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
- Write Ansible playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
- Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts, and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
- Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
- Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Introduce and review the course.
Describe the terminology and architecture of Ansible.
Install Ansible and run ad hoc commands.
Write Ansible plays and execute a playbook.
Manage variables and inclusions
Describe variable scope and precedence, manage variables and facts in a play, and manage inclusions.
Implement task control
Manage task control, handlers, and tags in Ansible playbooks.
Implement Jinja2 templates
Implement a Jinja2 template.
Create and manage roles.
Configure complex playbooks
Configure connection types, delegations, and parallelism.
Implement Ansible Vault
Manage encryption with Ansible Vault.
Troubleshoot the Ansible control machine and managed nodes.
Implement Ansible Tower
Implement Ansible Tower.
Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment
Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment using Vagrant.
Review tasks from the Automation with Ansible course.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.