Automation with Ansible with Exam (DO408)
Through hands-on labs, students will learn to automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible, learn how to write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution, centrally manage playbooks and schedule recurring execution through a web interface with Ansible Tower. Students will also learn to manage encryption for Ansible with Ansible Vault, deploy Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems, and use Ansible in a DevOps environment with Vagrant.
Topics covered include:
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts
- Use Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks
- Protect encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault
- Use Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Work with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience.
System System and cloud administrators who need to automate cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and other IT needs.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduce and review the course.
- Describe the terminology and architecture of Ansible.
- Install Ansible and run ad hoc commands.
- Write Ansible plays and execute a playbook.
Manage variables and inclusions
- Describe variable scope and precedence, manage variables and facts in a play, and manage inclusions.
Implement task control
- Manage task control, handlers, and tags in Ansible playbooks.
Implement Jinja2 templates
- Implement a Jinja2 template.
- Create and manage roles.
Configure complex playbooks
- Configure connection types, delegations, and parallelism.
Implement Ansible Vault
- Manage encryption with Ansible Vault.
- Troubleshoot the Ansible control machine and managed nodes.
Implement Ansible Tower
- Implement Ansible Tower.
Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment
- Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment using Vagrant.
- Review tasks from the Automation with Ansible I course.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.