This intensive three day hands on course is designed to provide working developers, devops staff and other technology professionals with a comprehensive introduction to microservices and the AWS microservice environment. Attendees will leave with a clear understanding of microservices and how to maximize them on AWS. Students will gain hands-on experience working with AWS and microservices in a range of labs. The course covers the benefits of container based microservice packaging and use of EC2 Container Registry (ECR) as well as dynamic application management using the EC2 Container Service (ECS). Attendees will examine various use cases and architecture patterns for microservice based applications throughout the course, with focused discussion on microservice communications, transactions and state management. Upon completion of the course attendees will have the skills and information necessary to begin designing and working with microservice based applications on AWS.
- Developers, Architects, Engineering Managers and DevOps personnel
- Because the course focuses on microservice properties and design, no particular programming language expertise is required though attendees should have experience with at least one programming language.
- This course is designed to provide engineering staff with a comprehensive overview of the microservices architecture style and the AWS tools and platform features which support microservice architectures.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Day 1 – Core Concepts
- Microservice Overview
- Microservice Communications I – Client/Server
- Container Packaging
Day 2 – State
- Microservice Communications II – Messaging
- Cloud Native Transactions and Event Sourcing
- Stateless Services and Polyglot Persistence
Day 3 – Microservices in Practice
- Microservice Orchestration
- API Gateways
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.