Certificate in Oracle Database Administration
Oracle continues to be the clear leader in database technology, boasting the largest worldwide installation base with clientele including many government agencies and prominent corporations. As the demand for massive amounts of data to be stored, processed, and analyzed increases, the need for knowledgeable, well-qualified professionals to manage databases will only continue to grow.
The Certificate in Oracle Database Administration provides students with the skills, knowledge, and credentials required to enter the field of database administration. As an Oracle Workforce Development partner and an authorized Pearson Vue testing center, UMBC Training Centers is able to bundle official Oracle training and the certification exam, providing a direct and convenient pathway for committed students to master concepts in the classroom and obtain Oracle Database 12c Certified Associate certification. We are committed to preparing students with the on-the-job skills needed as an Oracle DBA as well as the knowledge to confidently complete the certification exam.
- Course Materials
- Hands-on lab exercises
- Certification Exam – Oracle Database 12c Certified Associate
- 24/7 Lab Access
- Students should expect to spend time outside of class reading assigned materials and reviewing concepts learned in class in order to keep up with the pace of the course.
- This is a lengthy program, so students should be certain they have a solid foundation early in the course and maintain a clear understanding of all concepts as the course progresses, as all new material builds upon the previous materials.
- Tuition includes course materials, examination(s) and 1 year audit privilege (*restrictions may apply)
Who Should Take This Course
This course is suitable for: any IT professionals with an interest in increasing their Oracle knowledge and credentials, including programmers, consultants, and database administrators. Upon successfully completing the course, you will receive a Certificate of Training.
Prospective students must have: strong computer and file management skills on a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, strong problem solving and logical thinking skills, and CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent skills/experience.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to the Linux Operating System
- TCP/IP Networking Basics
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Oracle Procedural Language (PL-SQL)
- Oracle Database Architecture
- Oracle Database Administration
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.