Certified Cyber Analyst/Operator (CCAO)
In recent years, the demand for cybersecurity professionals has soared. Interest in cyber defenses has grown in every economic sector, from retail to healthcare. Government organizations such as the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2 have reported that the market growth potential for cybersecurity will continue to rise in a country that is experiencing a “security talent crunch,” generating both a gap in technical skills and tremendous opportunity for those with the right skillset. There are currently 209,000 unfilled security jobs in the United States, and that number is expected to reach 2 million worldwide by 2019. In order to meet demands, this breach in national security has to be handled urgently. For a market that is expected to generate over $65.5 billion for the federal government and over $155.7 billion for the private sector from 2016 to 2020, the need for trained, talented individuals becomes critical.
The Certified Cyber Analyst/Operator program is an intensive, hands-on training program designed to prepare individuals for careers in cybersecurity. The program combines our three core cyber certificate programs, and includes the following topics:
Certificate in Cyber Foundations
- Computer Basics – Hardware, Architecture, Operating Systems, Troubleshooting
- TCP/IP and Networking Fundamentals
- Information Assurance Fundamentals
Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Cisco Router and Switch Configuration & Administration
- Linux for Cyber Fundamentals
- Linux for Cyber System Administration
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking Tools and Methodologies
Certificate in Cyber Operations
- Critical Thinking, Logical Reasoning and Structured Analytic Techniques
- Network and Packet Analysis
- Windows Internals and Command Line Interface
- Python Scripting and Programming
- Penetration Testing Methodology and Malware Triage
While the core focus of the program is to ensure that candidates are well prepared to perform in cyber roles through significant hands on practical exercises and labs, additionally, during the program students can expect to earn the following industry-recognized certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
This program has been approved by the American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service for 25 semester hours in Information Systems or Computer Science at the baccalaureate level.
The academic portion of the program takes approximately 11 months to complete on a part time basis. Courses are offered in the evenings two nights per week and every Saturday although there are breaks throughout the program.
2019 dates: TBA
- Career Services – throughout the program we provide career services to support our students’ entry into the field. This includes career workshops, resume support, employer panels, interview days, alumni networking and support, guest speakers, and more. Our objective is to ensure that our graduates are well positioned to obtain employment (internship or full time) upon completion of the program.
- Veterans’ Services – Veterans and service-members transitioning to a career in cybersecurity may be eligible for additional external services and programs. Please contact an Admissions Advisor to ask about special programs and scholarships.
- Apprenticeships – We are proud to partner with the Maryland Department of Labor to offer student apprenticeships. Applicants must first meet the prerequisites and interview for this competitive program. Apprentices receive wages for their on-the-job training hours, but are still responsible for tuition. For more details about our apprenticeship program, please consult our FAQ.
To contact our Admissions team, please call 443-692-6599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application for the next Certified Cyber Analyst/Operator cohort is available below. Please complete the application and return as instructed in the application document, along with all other requested documents. Candidates with little or no background in information technology or cyber will be given an aptitude assessment to help predict their success in the program.
Why You Should Take This Course
This program prepares candidates for the following cybersecurity job roles, as defined by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE):
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.