Configuration Management with Puppet with Exam (DO406)
This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack® Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
This course includes the Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet (EX405) exam.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts in DevOps environment using Puppet
Who Should Take This Course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This class is for system administrators and cloud administrators responsible for the management of systems and cloud client systems on either Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Satellite.
Students should have received a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or have equivalent experience.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to the course.
Identify system administration functions in Puppet
- Identify system administration functions in Puppet code.
- Describe the Puppet architecture and describe a state model.
Implement a Puppet manifest
- Build, validate, and deploy a Puppet manifest.
Troubleshoot Puppet manifests
- Find documentation and diagnose errors in Puppet manifests.
- Implement Git to manage software.
Find information with Facter
- View information about systems using Facter.
Implement Puppet modules
- Create Puppet modules and implement classes in a manifest.
Implement relationships in a Puppet module
- Implement namespaces, relationships, and dependencies in a Puppet module.
Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module
- Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module.
Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet
- Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code.
- Deploy and configure a Puppet master and a Puppet client.
Implement external Puppet modules
- Implement Puppet modules from Puppet Forge.
Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment
- Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment.
Implement Puppet in Red Hat Satellite 6
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.