Cybersecurity Risk Management and Compliance Primer/Review
The Cybersecurity Risk Management and Compliance Primer/Review course provides a high-level overview of Federal Information Security and Compliance Standards, Requirements, and Processes. The course is primarily aimed at IT and Business professionals who do not have primary responsibility for Information Security, but who work in IT environments where they need to have a good understanding of Federal Cybersecurity Compliance and Risk Management and their roles & responsibilities in these.
IT Support / Operations Staff, Systems & Business Analysts, Project and Program Managers, Business/Product Owners, IT Leaders & Managers
Students should have taken UMBC Training Centers’ Cyber Fundamentals & Operational Cybersecurity Primer/Review course or have equivalent skills and experience.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Risk Management
- NIST Risk Management Framework and related special publications (SP) 800-series
- NIST & NICE Cybersecurity Frameworks
- FISMA Compliance
- FedRAMP and Cloud Security
- Compliance Roles & Responsibilities
- Effects and Impacts of Security Breaches
- Risk Assessment
- System Security Plans
- Continuous Monitoring Strategy
- Incident Response & Reporting
- Cloud Security and Compliance
- Security & Compliance Documentation Requirements
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.