Cybersecurity Risk Management and Compliance
Cybersecurity Risk Management is an informed approach to planning, implementing, and operating in a connected environment through a risk-based approach, informed by business/mission objectives. This approach recognizes that cybersecurity is not an isolated function within any organization, but rather requires coordination with other organizational and executive functions – human resources, legal, finance, operations, technology. Identifying critical assets, and prioritizing their protection involves questions of risk tolerance, budget, law and policy. The course focuses the student on a broad range of topics relative to risk-based planning and implementation for enterprise cybersecurity in Federal Government IT environments. The major NIST Compliance Standards are discussed and analyzed in real world context.
Cyber Operations Staff, Security Analysts, System/Enterprise Architects, System/Network/Database Administrators, Information Security and Compliance Managers
Students should have taken UMBC Training Centers’ Cybersecurity Fundamentals course or have equivalent skills and experience.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Risk Management
- NIST Risk Management Framework and related special publications (SP) 800-series
- NIST & NICE Cybersecurity Frameworks
- FISMA Compliance
- FedRAMP and Cloud Security Processes
- External Threats – Prevent, Detect, and Respond
- Insider Threats – Prevent, Detect, and Respond
- System & Software Lifecycle Processes & Risks
- Systems Testing & Auditing
- Supply Chain Risks and Mitigation
- Acquisition & Vendor Management
- Domestic and International Legal Considerations
- Cybersecurity as a Source of Intelligence
- Risk Assessment
- System Security Plans
- Continuous Monitoring Strategy
- Incident Response & Reporting
- Security & Compliance Documentation Requirements
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.