Develop microservice-based applications in Java EE with MicroProfile and OpenShift
You will build on Java EE application development fundamentals and focus on how to develop, monitor, test, and deploy modern microservices applications. Many enterprises are looking for a way to take advantage of cloud-native architectures, but many do not know the best way to go about it. These enterprises have monolithic applications written in Java Enterprise Edition (JEE).
Attend Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183) or demonstrate equivalent experience. Be proficient in using an integrated development environment such as Red Hat® Developer Studio or Eclipse. Experience with Maven is recommended, but not required.
This course is designed for Java developers.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy and monitor microservice-based applications.
- Implement a microservice with MicroProfile.
- Implement unit and integration tests for microservices.
- Use the config specification to inject data into a microservice.
- Create a health check for a microservice.
- Implement fault tolerance in a microservice.
- Secure a microservice using the JSON Web Token (JWT) specification.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Describe microservice architectures
- Deploy microservice-based applications
- Implement a microservice with MicroProfile
- Test microservices
- Inject configuration data into a microservice
- Create application health checks
- Implement fault tolerance
- Develop an API gateway
- Secure microservices with JWT
- Monitor microservices
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.