High Availability with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (CL332)
This course uses the top open source clustering and high-availability solutions on the market and provides a comprehensive plan to connect them with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform. Students will implement each of the services in a highly available manner and test failover scenarios. Students will use Pacemaker, Corosync, CMAN tools, and HAProxy to implement cluster and other high-availability tools.
This class is for Linux system administrators and cloud administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private cloud. Cloud operators interested in providing high availability for their cloud. RHCE certification or requisite level of knowledge is highly recommended.
Students should have the following:
- Deep knowledge of OpenStack services and their connectivity.
- Understanding of high-availability concepts and high-availability implementations.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and use the high-availability features and tools of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Introduction to high availability
- Define how high availability can secure and improve Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform services.
Deploying a high-availability cluster
- Configure Pacemaker, Corosync and HaProxy for the OpenStack API services.
Configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform services
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and configure the API services.
Implement an active-passive MySQL cluster
- Connect the MySQL database with the highly available architecture.
Implement an active-active Qpid broker
- Set up and run a pool of message brokers to improve availability and reliability.
Testing the environment
- Run a unit test protocol for every service, and review and validate the high-availability services.
Running failure scenarios
- Fail various services and test high availability.
Implement an even more highly available cloud
- Explore innovative ways to secure your cloud data using top open source clustering solutions like MariaDB Galera and GlusterFS, a Red Hat community storage project.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.