Hortonworks HDP Analyst: Apache HBase Essentials
This course is designed for big data analysts who want to use the HBase NoSQL database which runs on top of HDFS to provide real-time read/write access to sparse datasets. Topics include HBase architecture, services, installation and schema design.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Integrate HBase with Hadoop and HDFS
- Describe architectural components and core concepts of HBase
- Understand HBase functionality
- Install and configure HBase
- Understand HBase schema design Import and export data
- Perform backup and recovery
- Monitor and manage HBase
- Describe how Apache Phoenix works with HBase Integrate HBase with Apache ZooKeeper
- Use HBase services and perform data operations Optimize HBase Access
Who Should Take This Course
This class is for architects, software developers, and analysts responsible for implementing non-SQL databases in order to handle sparse data sets commonly found in big data use cases.
Students must have basic familiarity with data management systems. Familiarity with Hadoop or databases is helpful but not required.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Using Hadoop and MapReduce
- Using HBase Importing Data from MySQL to HBase
- Using Apache ZooKeeper
- Examining Configuration Files Using Backup and Snapshot HBase Shell Operations
- Creating Tables with Multiple Column Families
- Exploring HBase Schema Blocksize and Bloom filters
- Exporting Data Using a Java Data Access Object Application to interact with HBase
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.