Hortonworks HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 2
This course is designed for experienced administrators who manage Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.3 clusters with Ambari. It covers upgrades, configuration, application management, and other common tasks.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Execute automated installation of and upgrades to HDP clusters
- Configure HDFS for NFS integration and centralized caching
- Control application behavior using node labels
- Deploy applications using Slider
- Understand how to configure HDP for optimum Hive performance
- Understand how to manage HDP data compression
- Integrate Ambari with an existing LDAP environments to manage users and groups
- Configure high availability for Hive and Oozie
- Ingest SQL tables and log files into HDFS
- Support scalable and automated HDP application best practices
- Configure automated HDP data replication
This course is for IT administrators and operators responsible for configuring, managing, and supporting an Hadoop 2.3 deployment in a Linux environment using Ambari.
Attendees should have attended HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 1 or possess equivalent knowledge and experience. Attendees should be familiar with basic HDP administration and Linux environments.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Perform an HDP Rolling Upgrade
- Configure HDFS NFS Gateway
- Configure HDFS Centralized Cache
- Configure YARN Node Labels
- Deploy HBase using Slider
- Integrate Ambari with LDAP
- Configure Hive High Availability
- Run an Oozie Workflow
- Configure Oozie High Availability
- Configure Data Mirroring using Falcon
- Install HDP using Ambari Blueprints
- Hive Performance Tuning
- Managing Data Compression
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.