Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH)
This course prepares the student for Exam 300-115 (SWITCH). Course price includes one exam voucher. Students may take the certification exam on the Friday after class ends, or use the voucher to take the exam at a later date (maximum one year after class ends).
This course is appropriate for learners with Cisco CCNA-level knowledge who aim to be network professionals. Typical job roles include network engineers, support engineers, systems engineers or network technicians.
- Describing network fundamentals
- Establishing Internet and WAN connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Managing network device security
- Operating a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree
- Troubleshooting IP connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP and OSPF (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configuring devices for SNMP, syslog, and NetFlow access
- Managing Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and licenses
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices v2.0, Part 1 (ICND1 v2.0) and Part 2 (ICND2 v2.0), or
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated version 2.0 (CCNAX v2.0)
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the hierarchical campus structure, basic switch operation, use of SDM templates, PoE, and LLDP
- Implement VLANs, trunks, explain VTP, implement DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 environments, and configure port aggregation
- Implement and optimize STP mechanism that best suits your network – PVSTP+, RPVSTP+, or MSTP
- Configure routing on a multilayer switch
- Configure NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, and port mirroring, and verify StackWise and VSS operation
- Implement first hop redundancy in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Secure the campus network according to recommended practices
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.