Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 1 & 2 (CIVND2)
This course is an update to the Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 (VIVND) course. It will help you prepare for the CCNA Collaboration certification. This course includes a combination of (CIVND1) and (CIVND2).
Part 1 of Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 provides you with the necessary knowledge to describe characteristics of Cisco video solutions and assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution. The course describes the characteristics of a video solution and enables you to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as codec options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components, interactions, and requisites to the environment.
Part 2 of Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures. It will describes Cisco Business Video solutions and enable you to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration, TelePresence, and Digital Media Player in different Cisco Business Video solution architectures.
The software applications that are covered in this course include:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server
- Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Controller Unit
- Cisco TMS Server
- Network administrators and network engineers
- System engineers
- Working knowledge of basic IP networking
- Knowledge of video conferencing and streaming fundamentals
- Cisco Basic IP networking e-learning or Interconnecting Cisco Devices, Part 1and 2 (ICND1 and ICND2)
Upon completing the course, students will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe Cisco Business Video components and architectures
- Implement Cisco Collaboration endpoints
- Implement Cisco TelePresence endpoints
- Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco collaboration endpoints
- Implement Cisco DMP endpoints
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Module 1: Cisco Business Video Solutions
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Video and Content Delivery
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco Video Surveillance
- Lesson 3: Describing Cisco Collaboration
- Lesson 4: Discovering Central Collaboration Endpoint Control Elements
Module 2: Cisco Unified IP Phones, Collaboration Desk Endpoints, and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 1: Describing and Installing Cisco Unified IP Phones, Collaboration Desk Endpoints, and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 3: Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Jabber
Module 3: Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco TelePresence Endpoint Characteristics and Installation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco TelePresence CTS Software-Based and Cisco DX650 Endpoints
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoints
- Lesson 4: Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
Module 4: Multipoint Conferencing
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Multipoint Conferencing Solutions
- Lesson 2: Configuring and Monitoring Cisco Multipoint Conferencing
Module 5: Cisco Digital Media Players
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco DMP Characteristics and Installation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco DMPs
- Lesson 3: Managing Cisco Edge 340 DMPs
- Lab 1: Implement Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 2: Operate and Troubleshoot Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 3: Implement Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650 Endpoints
- Lab 4: Implement Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoints
- Lab 5: Implement Multipoint Calls on Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 6: Implement the Cisco Edge 340 DMP
- Lab 7: Use Appspace to Manage a Cisco Edge 340 DMP (Instructor-Led Demo)
- Discovery 1: Verify Collaboration Endpoint Registration Status on Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Discovery 2: Verify Collaboration Endpoint Registration Status on Cisco VCS
- Discovery 3: Install Cisco Jabber Client Software
- Discovery 4: Erase Trust Files
- Discovery 5: Dialed Number Analyzer
- Discovery 6: View WEI on Windows 7
- Discovery 7: Reset the Cisco DX650 to Factory Defaults
- Discovery 8: Reset Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Sets to Factory Defaults
- Discovery 9: Connect the Cisco TelePresence Touch
- Discovery 10: Use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Phonebook
- Discovery 11: View Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoint System Information
- Discovery 12: Collect Event Logs
- Discovery 13: Collect SIP and H.323 Logs on a Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoint
- Discovery 14: Verify Cisco TMS IP Connectivity, Version, Licenses, and Routing Setup
- Discovery 15: Verify Cisco TelePresence MCU IP Connectivity, Service Status, and Media Ports
- Discovery 16: Connecting Cisco DMP Peripherals
- Discovery 17: Cisco DMP Factory Reset
- Discovery 18: Cisco Edge 340 DMP Configuration Management
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
What else is included in this class?
A year-long neXT membership which includes 365 days of…
- Access to exclusive webinars and neXTpertise mentoring sessions covering content in and out of class
- Sessions include exam prep, delta sessions, hot topics, version upgrades, etc
- Discussion boards to interact with instructors and other members
- Customized learning paths built to get you to your end goal
- Learning paths include vidoes, blogs, quizzes, exam prep, and more