Introduction to Agile Methods
Agile concepts, tools and techniques provide an alternative to traditional approaches. More and more there is pressure on teams to produce high quality products and services quickly. This course is designed to provide participants with the requisite knowledge to explore how agile concepts can be employed to enhance project performance.
Participants will learn the roots of the agile movement, key concepts, definitions, roles, and various tools and techniques. Group discussions will be augmented with intriguing activities designed to reinforce fundamental agile principles.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define the characteristics of agile methods
- Have a grasp on key agile terminology
- Cite the major values of agile methods
- Contrast the differences between traditional & agile methods
- Gain an awareness for the benefits of agile methods
- Identify the major types and kinds of agile methods
- Understand the various roles & how they interact in agile projects
- Define Scrum ceremonies and artifacts
- Determine the strengths and weaknesses of agile vs. traditional testing
- Generate a basic agile release plan
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.