Developing Java EE Web Applications (JEE6/JEE7), plus JPA and REST
Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) is a powerful platform for building web and database-driven applications. This course provides the information you need to design and build your own data-driven web applications. You’ll learn the details of the core JEE Web and database technologies and how to leverage the strengths of each. You’ll also be introduced to other important web-based technologies such as creating REST services with JEE.
Working knowledge of Java programming, including use of inheritance, interfaces, and exceptions.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design and build robust and maintainable web applications
- Create dynamic HTML content with Servlets and Java ServerPages, using the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL)
- Make Servlets and JSP work together cleanly
- Use JSTL and other Custom Tag Libraries to separate Java and HTML code
- Access databases with JDBC and the JPA (Java Persistence API)
- Structure a clean data access layer.
- Gain a high level understanding of REST services and JAX-RS
- See the full descriptions for detailed content
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Java EE Introduction
- Servlet Basics
- Additional Servlet Capabilities
- JavaServer Pages
- Using Custom Tags
- HTTP Session Tracking
- Web Security
- Additional Capabilities
- JDBC Introduction and Architecture
- Resource Integration
- Introduction to JPA
- Introduction to REST
- Introduction to JAX-RS
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.