Java EE (JEE6/JEE7) with JSF2, EJB3, and JPA2
Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE/JEE) is a powerful platform for building enterprise applications. This hands-on course is an accelerated course that covers the core technologies of JEE. It includes in-depth coverage of using JSF2 (JavaServer Faces 2), EJB3 (Enterprise JavaBeans 3), and JPA2 (Java Persistence API 2) to design and build your own multi-tier applications, as well as overview of other important technologies such as JAX-WS for building Java-based Web services.
The course begins with the Web tier – providing a brief overview of the Servlet API and technology, which is the foundation for JSF. It then moves on to comprehensive coverage of JSF2 – JEE’s component based UI framework – including coverage of Facelets and the JSF tag libraries. It moves on to cover EJB, the foundation of JEE’s business tier, including stateless and stateful session beans, and using its declarative transaction control. It then moves on to the business tier, covering JPA’s powerful Object-Relational mapping capabilities for accessing persistent data.
Working knowledge of Java programming, including use of inheritance, interfaces, and exceptions.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Be familiar with the Java Servlet API, and how servlets are the basis of JSF
- Use facelets to create JSF2 Web pages
- Use the JSF core and html tags and the JSF expression language
- Understand the EJB 3 architecture and API, and how it fits into the overall Java EE architecture
- Use CDI (Contexts and Dependency Injection) to initialize resources
- Integrate JSF2 and EJB3
- Understand the JPA architecture
- Work with queries and JPQL (Java Persistence Query Language), as well as the Criteria API (JPA 2)
- Understand and work with collections & associations
- Understand the relationship between JPA / EJB3
- Be familiar with other technologies, including JAX-WS for building Java-based Web services, and JAX-RS for building RESTful services
- Understand the JEE architecture, and how to use each technology
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.