Managing SQL Business Intelligence Operations
This course is aimed at database professionals who manage Business Intelligence (BI) operations. This course looks at various options that provide the ability of business users to analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas). Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching). An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable. Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
The primary audience for this course are business intelligence professionals. The secondary audiences for this course are technically proficient business users.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features of a self-service BI solution
- Describe the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Describe common Analysis Services operational tasks
- Describe PowerPivot for SharePoint server
- Describe Power Query
- Describe Windows Azure HDInsight
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to Operational Management in BI Solutions
- Configuring BI Components
- Managing Business Intelligence Security
- Deploying BI Solutions
- Logging and Monitoring in BI Operations
- Troubleshooting BI Solutions
- Performance Tuning BI Queries
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.