Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment Track (AZ-100)
This five day course is designed for system administrators who are transitioning into Azure, as well as IT professionals who have experience with Azure and want to expand their competencies. The course takes a full day to dive deep into each of five important technologies within Azure. The first day focuses on managing Azure using standard tools such as the portal, templates, and monitoring options. The next three days cover the foundations of Infrastructure as a Service. Students will learn about virtual machines, virtual networks, and storage options through expert instruction and hands-on experience. Each of these topics is covered over a full day, giving the opportunity to dive deep into topics such as virtual machine customization, hybrid networking, and storage security. Finally, the course covers authentication, account management, and integration using Azure AD.
Thorough information, well presented, covered all the topics outlined in the syllabus in good detail with a mix of practical and theoretical examples by an experienced and knowledgeable instructor.
Who Should Take This Course
- Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle.
- You take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate.
- This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors.
- Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal, and as you become more proficient you will use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
Successful Cloud Administrators start this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking.
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completion of this course, you will have the following skills:
- Manage Azure subscriptions and billing, and implement Azure policies.
- Implement access management with Azure users, groups, and role-based access control.
- Use Azure Monitor to configure Azure alerts and review the Azure Activity Log.
- Query and analyze Log Analytics data.
- Deploy resources with ARM templates and organize Azure resources.
- Optimize your use of Azure tools like the Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, Cloud Shell and the Azure CLI.
- Create Azure storage accounts for different data replication, pricing, and content scenarios.
- Implement virtual machine storage, blob storage, Azure files, and structured storage.
- Secure and manage storage with shared access keys, Azure backup, and Azure File Sync.
- Store and access data using Azure Content Delivery Network, and the Import and Export service.
- Monitor Azure storage with metrics and alerts, and the Activity Log.
- Explain virtual machine usage cases, storage options, pricing, operating systems, networking capabilities, and general planning considerations.
- Create Windows virtual machines in the Azure Portal, with Azure PowerShell, or using ARM Templates.
- Deploy custom server images and Linux virtual machines.
- Configure virtual machine networking and storage options.
- Implement virtual machine high availability, scalability, and custom scripts extensions.
- Backup, restore, and monitor virtual machines.
- Understand virtual networking components, IP addressing, and network routing options.
- Implement Azure DNS domains, zones, record types, and resolution methods.
- Configure network security groups, service endpoints, logging, and network troubleshooting.
- Implement site connectivity schemas including VNet-to-VNet connections and virtual network peering.
- Implement Azure Active Directory, Self-Service Password Reset, Azure AD Identity Protection, and integrated SaaS applications.
- Configure domains and tenants, users and groups, roles, and devices.
- Implement and manage Azure Active Directory integration options and Azure AD Application Proxy.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.