Developing and Deploying Applications on OpenShift (DO290)
Developing and Deploying Applications on OpenShift (DO290) is part of a series of courses that focus on using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat® to automate a portion of the software delivery pipeline. The course immerses the student in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create, update, and maintain applications
Who Should Take This Course
This course is designed for application developers (not necessarily Java EE developers) interested in creating OpenShift Enterprise applications with automated unit/acceptance tests and deploying those applications using continuous integration to an OpenShift Enterprise instance.
Students should have the following:
- Java EE programming skills are helpful—we try to keep the programming tasks simple, like changing the color of an item on an HTML page—so general HTML skills common to many programming environments will suffice.
- Experience as a successful developer in one of the environments supported by OpenShift Enterprise—either Python, Ruby, or Java EE.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduce and review the course.
Development environment review
- Describe the developer’s tools, agile practices, and deployment environment that will be utilized in this course.
Bookstore application review
- Become familiar with the course application architecture, features, and project layout.
Introduction to OpenShift Enterprise
- Describe the features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
Deploy applications on OpenShift Enterprise
- Define, build, and deploy an application on OpenShift Enterprise.
Implement continuous integration
- Establish continuous integration with Jenkins.
Manage OpenShift Enterprise applications
- Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift Enterprise command line interface.
Create complex deployments
- Create deployments that utilize clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling.
- Use debugging and logs to troubleshoot problems with application performance or deployment issues.
Customize OpenShift Enterprise
- Create custom source image containers, templates, and builders.
- Practice the skills learned in this course.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.