Oracle Database 12C: Backup and Recovery Workshop
This Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop will teach each you how to evaluate your own recovery requirements. You will develop appropriate strategies for backup, restore and recovery procedures from provided scenarios. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Cloud Service.
Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL. Knowledge of Oracle Database 12c. CDT Using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c is suggested.
Administrator, Database Administrator
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures.
- Use Flashback Technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Getting Started
- Configuring for Recoverablility
- Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Performing Backups
- Improving Your Backups
- Using RMAN-Encrypted Backups
- Diagnosing Database Failures
- Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Performing Recovery, Part 1
- Performing Recovery, Part 2
- RMAN and Oracle Secure Backup
- Performing Tape Backups and Restores
- Using Flashback Technologies
- Using Flashback Database
- Managing Backup Space or Transporting Data
- Duplicating a Database
- RMAN Performance and Tuning
- Backup and Recovery Workshop
- Oracle Database Cloud Service: Overview
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.