Querying Data with Transact-SQL
This course is designed to introduce students to Transact-SQL. It is designed in such a way that students aquire the knowledge for other courses in the SQL Server curriculum.
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Working knowledge of relational databases.
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of the Transact-SQL language which is used by all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. As such, the primary target audience for this course is: Database Administrators, Database Developers and BI professionals.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server.
- Describe T-SQL, sets, and predicate logic.
- Write a single table SELECT statement.
- Write a multi-table SELECT statement.
- Write SELECT statements with filtering and sorting.
- Describe how SQL Server uses data types.
- Write DML statements.
- Write queries that use built-in functions.
- Write queries that aggregate data.
- Write subqueries.
- Create and implement views and table-valued functions.
- Use set operators to combine query results.
- Write queries that use window ranking, offset, and aggregate functions.
- Transform data by implementing pivot, unpivot, rollup and cube.
- Create and implement stored procedures.
- Add programming constructs such as variables, conditions, and loops to T-SQL code.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server
- Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- Writing SELECT Queries
- Querying Multiple Tables
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Working with SQL Server Data Types
- Using DML to Modify Data
- Using Built-In Functions
- Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Using Subqueries
- Using Table Expressions
- Using Set Operators
- Using Windows Ranking, Offset, and Aggregate Functions
- Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Executing Stored Procedures
- Programming with T-SQL
- Implementing Error Handling
- Implementing Transactions
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.