R Programming for Data Science
Students will gain a strong foundation in applied data analytics and programming methodology. Data scientists are in demand and companies are struggling to find the perfect combination of applicants skilled in programming, math and statistics, and data modeling and wrangling. This course focuses on gaining the programming skills in R to explore data, clean and prep data sets, and conduct statistical analysis.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the R language syntax
- Working with R in an interactive environment
- Creating R programs using general programming constructs and methodology
- Deriving descriptive statistics from R data
- Creating and manipulating R variables, and data structures such as vectors, matrices, data frames, and lists
- Plotting graphics with the ggplot2 or other graphic packages
- Working with included and third-party R packages
Who Should Take This Course
Students taking this course should have the following skills:
- Familiarity with introductory college-level statistics
- Some familiarity with programming
- Ability to work with a text editor
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create data models for analysis
- Import and export data from R and other sources such as Excel, SQL, or flat files
- Visualize data and relationships and export figures
- Write R programs for use later
- Develop custom R functions
This training prepares individuals for the following positions:
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- R Programmer
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.