Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration (RH236)
Deploy scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments
This course is for senior system and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments.
This course is based on Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Gluster Storage Administration exam (EX236).
HOW CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE?
Experience Red Hat courses in person at our Columbia, MD facility.
Live Online Virtual Training (VT)
Red Hat’s live online virtual training is real-time training conducted remotely featuring Red Hat instructors. Learn more about Virtual Training (VT) here.
Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and SMB
- Explore georeplication
- Configure network encryption
- Manage tiering
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to Red Hat Storage
- Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
- Install Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Install Red Hat Gluster Storage.
- Configure Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Build and configure a Red Hat Gluster Storage volume.
- Create Volumes
- Create different volume types.
- Configure Clients
- Access data on Red Hat GLuster storage volumes with various clients.
- Configure ACLs and Quotas
- Implement POSIX ACLs and quotas.
- Extend Volumes
- Grow storage volumes online.
- Configure IP Failover
- Configure IP failover.
- Configure Georeplication
- Configure georeplication for disaster recovery.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
- Manage Snapshots
- Manage volume snapshots.
- Install Red Hat Gluster Storage Console
- Install Red Hat Gluster Storage Console.
- Manage Tiering
- Manage storage tiering for a volume.
- Monitor Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Monitor Red Hat Gluster Storage performance.
- Configure Network Encryption
- Configure Network Encryption for Red Hat Gluster Storage.
- Comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration.
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.