Red Hat Openstack Administration II with Exam (CL211)
Through hands-on labs, students will explore manually installing each service of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack® Platform, and will also look at the future plans of the OpenStack development community. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210). This version of the course includes the exam.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Get an overview of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform architecture
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform using packstack
- Deploy each Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform service manually
- Manage users and projects
- Deploy instances, and use Heat to deploy and customize instances
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is for Linux system administrators and cloud administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private cloud.
Students should have RHCSA certification or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform architecture
- Understand Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform features and terminology.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform installation
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform using packstack.
- Create an instance with the Horizon web front-end.
Qpid message broker
- Install and configure the Qpid message broker service.
- Secure Qpid using authentication and encryption.
Keystone identity service
- Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
Swift object storage service
- Install, configure, and use the Swift object storage service.
Glance image service
- Install and use the Glance image service.
Cinder block storage service
- Install the Cinder block storage service.
- Manage Cinder volumes.
- Install, configure, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform networking service.
Nova compute and controller services
- Install Nova compute and controller services.
- Deploy an instance from the command line.
Implement an additional compute node
- Learn to add and remove additional Nova compute nodes.
Heat orchestration service
- Install the Heat orchestration service.
- Launch a stack using preconfigured templates
Ceilometer metering service
- Install and manage the ceilometer metering service.
The future of the OpenStack development community
- Learn about the future of OpenStack.
- Review the installation and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.