Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
The course is focused on deploying and managing network servers running caching Domain Name Service (DNS), MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB), iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations, and the use of Bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Through lectures and hands-on labs, students who have already earned the RHCSA certification will be exposed to all competencies covered by the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX300). Note: This course does not cover all RHCSA tasks. Students who need a review of RHCSA skills are encouraged to attend RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199).
HOW CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE?
Experience Red Hat courses in person at our Columbia, MD facility.
Live Online Virtual Training (VT)
Red Hat’s live online virtual training is real-time training conducted remotely featuring Red Hat instructors. Learn more about Virtual Training (VT) here.
Self-Paced Video Classroom (VC)
Video Classroom, a key feature of the Red Hat Learning Subscription, presents a dynamic, self-paced video training of our most experienced Red Hat certified instructors, recorded in high definition (HD) video, that gives you that “in-classroom” setting without incurring travel costs and risking time away from the office. You get 90 days of unlimited access to course videos, 80 hours of cloud-lab access, full and searchable transcripts, high-quality, hands-on lab environments, email support, video functionality, and eBooks with your course content. Learn more about Video Classroom (VC) here. Course must be completed within 90 days after purchase.
Self-Paced ROLE (R)?
Red Hat Online Learning features the same high-quality course content found in their interactive classroom environments and is supplemented with 90-days of unlimited access to course content, 80 hours of cloud-based labs, and webinars from Red Hat experts – all of which is optimized for self-study, giving you the practical and applied knowledge you need to advance your skills, prepare for hands-on certification exams, and to further your career. Learn more about Red Hat Online Learning (R) here. Course must be completed within 90 days after purchase.
Red Hat System Administration III is intended for experienced Linux administrators wishing to learn enterprise-level automation techniques through scripting, how to deploy and secure network services, and how to manage other key security features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Students in this course should have earned their RHCSA or have equivalent skills.
Students should have RHCSA certification or equivalent experience. For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA certification, confirmation of the correct skills and knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand network port security and link aggregation
- Understand iSCSI initiator and target configuration
- Understand DNS troubleshooting and caching name server
- Provide NFS and SMB file servers
- Understand Apache HTTPD web server management
- Understand MariaDB SQL database configuration
- Understand Postfix SMTP nullclient for servers
- Use Bash scripting for automation
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Control services and daemons
- Review how to manage services and the boot-up process using systemctl
Manage IPv6 networking
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
Configure link aggregation and bridging
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced network interface functionality including bonding, teaming, and local software bridges
Control network port security
- Permit and reject access to network services using advanced SELinux and firewalld filtering techniques
Manage DNS for servers
- Set and verify correct DNS records for systems and configure secure DNS caching
Configure email delivery
- Relay all email sent by the system to an SMTP gateway for central delivery
Provide block-based storage
- Provide and use networked iSCSI block devices as remote disks
Provide file-based storage
- Provide NFS exports and SMB file shares to specific systems and users
Configure MariaDB databases
- Provide a MariaDB SQL database for use by programs and database administrators
Provide Apache HTTPD web service
- Configure Apache HTTPD to provide Transport Layer Security (TLS)-enabled websites and virtual hosts
Write Bash scripts
- Write simple shell scripts using Bash
Bash conditionals and control structures
- Use Bash conditionals and other control structures to write more sophisticated shell commands and scripts
Configure the shell environment
- Customize Bash startup and use environment variables, Bash aliases, and Bash functions
Linux containers preview
- Preview the capabilities of Linux containers and other related technologies in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat System Administration III
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.