Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE
Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183) exposes experienced Java Standard Edition (Java SE) developers to the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE). In this course, you will learn about the various specifications that make up Java EE. Through hands-on labs, you will transform a simple Java SE command line application into a multi-tiered enterprise application using various Java EE specifications, including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Persistence API, Java Messaging Service, JAX-RS for REST services, Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI), and JAAS for securing the application.
This course is designed for Java developers who want to learn more about the specifications that comprise the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
Proficiency in developing Java SE applications, with 2+ years of experience required. Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat Developer Studio or Eclipse. Experience with Maven is recommended but not required.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture of multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Package Java EE applications and deploy to Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with various tools.
- Create an Enterprise Java Bean instance.
- Secure a Java EE application.
- Manage the persistence of data using Java Persistence API.
- Create a web service using JAX-RS.
- Properly apply context scopes to beans and inject resources into Java Beans.
- Store and retrieve messages using the Java Messaging Service.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Transition to multi-tiered applications
- Package and deploying applications to an application server
- Create Enterprise Java Beans
- Manage persistence
- Manage entity relationships
- Create REST services
- Implement Contexts and Dependency Injection
- Create messaging applications with JMS
- Secure Java EE applications
- Comprehensive review of Red Hat JBoss
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.