SQL Development in Python
Enter EARLY250 for $250 off! Enter EARLY10 for 10% off! Register Now Group Training + View more dates & times
Who Should Take This Course
Competency with the Python programming language is required. Some knowledge of data structures required.
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design a database based on industry best practices.
- Communicate with a database with a command line interface.
- Use Entity Relationship Diagrams to model a database.
- Use Data Definition Language (DDL) commands to create, alter, or drop tables.
- Use Data Manipulation Language (DML) commands to select, insert, delete and update data.
- Use transaction controls to commit or rollback transactions performed on a database.
- Use the built-in SQL Operators within WHERE clauses of an SQL statement.
- Use the various Mathematical, String, Date, and Conversion Functions within a query.
- Use Inner and Outer Joins to display data from related tables.
- Use the UNION and UNION ALL Set operators within SQL queries.
- Use standard and correlated subqueries within SQL queries.
- Use SQL group functions to obtain summaries or statistics from queries.
- Use SQL views and indexes to access data and improve the performance of searches.
- Write Python programs that use Python Database API to communicate with a database.
- Write HTML documents that can use a form to collect data from a user.
- Incorporate Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) into an HTML document.
- Use the CGI module Cookies modules in Python to send and receive HTML requests.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Database Design
- Using MySQL
- The Sample Database
- Data Definition Language
- Data Manipulation Language
- Transaction Control
- SQL Operators
- SQL Functions
- Joining Tables
- Set Operators
- SQL Subqueries
- More Database Objects
- Python and Databases
- CGI and Python
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.