Technology Sales Program
Sales jobs in the Technology field are among the most in-demand nationally and represent a high level of earning potential for successful professionals. The Technology Sales Program prepares participants for rewarding Sales careers in the Technology field.
The explosive growth of technologies such as the Internet, Cloud, Cybersecurity, and Artificial Intelligence has created huge business opportunities for Technology companies, but they require a skilled sales force to achieve their potential. The Technology industry is one of the largest employers of sales professionals and actively hires people into entry level sales roles. Most major Tech companies have hundreds and in many cases thousands of open Sales and Business Development positions.
This program prepares students for a variety of well-paying entry level Technology Sales positions with outstanding long term career growth potential. Sales careers are open to anyone and this program will provide you with the tools and skills necessary to be immediately successful.
Technology Sales Program Description
UMBC Training Centers’ Technology Sales Program is the only real-world Technology Sales program linked directly to employers. Students explore professional sales roles and apply sales skill applications through real world employer role-play simulations. Students begin with a thorough introduction to modern IT and computing technologies including the Cloud, Big Data and Cybersecurity. Students then learn Salesforce customer pipeline technology, Groove sales engagement platform, and sales planning activities to become successful in a professional sales role.
Students will learn to assess their sales aptitude, competencies, and strengths to position their skills effectively for the Technology Sales employment market. They are placed on a career pathway toward high-level roles in sales consulting, sales management, and executive sales.
Participants will earn five Salesforce badges and a Credly Badge at program completion. Optionally, students may leverage the training to pursue two of the top Information Technology certifications: CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Cloud Practitioner.
Here are a few statistics:
Faster Ramp Up than Non-Sales Educated Peers
Annual Sales-Related Job Openings
Job Offers For each Student with Sales Training
The Technology Sales Program is designed for participants with a demonstrated commitment to learning and a strong interest in undertaking a Sales career in the Technology field.
Students taking this program should have an interest in Technology and IT and a strong desire to launch a career in sales.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of modern computing and information technologies and their applications to businesses and governments
- Demonstrate mastery of the proven Virtanza sales method
- Utilize customer data tools, including Salesforce CRM, Google, website data, business records, and social media to determine best prospects and insights about customers and potential opportunities
- Analyze pertinent customer needs and create the appropriate solution and persuasive presentation aligned with customer needs, goals and objectives
- Use sales planning techniques to achieve sales goals
- Create an ongoing customer relationship for incremental gain
- Tailor recruitment material for sales job interviews, resumes, and to build a personal brand
Participants earn five Salesforce Badges as part of the program:
- CRM for Lightning Experience
- Leads & Opportunities for Lightning Experience
- Accounts & Contacts for Lightning Experience
- Reports & Dashboards for Lightning Experience
- Chatter for Lightning Experience
Participants earn a Credly Badge at program completion.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- IT & Computing Concepts
- Cyber & Cloud
- Big Data
- The Tech Business
- Introduction to Sales Process
- Communication & Needs Assessment
- Presenting Proposals
- Creating & Delivering Sales Presentations
- Personal Branding
- Skills Articulation
- Customer and Negotiation Styles
- Presenting, Negotiating, Overcoming Objections
- Sales Planning & Forecasting
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.