Testing with Gherkin and Selenium using Cucumber
This course is a hands-on introduction to writing tests and business specifications that feed into an automated test framework. Students will learn how to specify high-level behavior using Gherkin’s Domain-Specific Language (DSL) in order to test software. While the students will get some exposure to the underlying Python language, the class will focus on use of the Gherkin DSL. Students will also get a chance to see how these feature test specifications can be run through Cucumber and fed into reporting software. This course will emphasize Test-Driven Development as the means to inform which tests should be written. Since many applications are built for the web, students will also get a chance to automate such web-based tests with the Selenium automation system, once again tying those tests back into the Cucumber suite. Overall, students will see how high-level business requirements can be translated into simple unit, feature, or integration tests.
1. Advanced Systems Analysis Foundations
2. Scrum Master Overview
3. Making Successful Briefings and Presentations
4. Advanced Data Modeling and SQL
5. System Testing and Quality Insurance
Upon completion, students will be able to:
1. Write feature tests using Gherkin backed by Python.
2. Run tests in Cucumber.
3. Set up scenarios in Gherkin.
4. Utilize a test-driven development approach.
5. Define data input, validation, and output.
6. Describe the Requirements Tracing process.
7. Test web-based applications.
8. Automate web tests with Selenium.
9. Define behavior-driven development approach.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
System Design and Requirements Engineering
Behavior Driven Development
User Story Management
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.