Windows Presentation Foundation Using C#
This course introduces Windows Presentation Foundation or WPF, the .NET technology from Microsoft for building rich Windows applications. It was originally part of .NET 3.0, previously called “WinFX” by Microsoft. WPF includes an XML-based markup language for defining program elements, Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML). WPF applications can be created using only code or a combination of code and XAML pages. This course covers the essentials of WPF, providing an orientation to this technology and a firm foundation for creating applications.
A working knowledge of C# and the .NET Framework.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the philosophy and architecture of WPF
- Create Windows applications using the classes provided by WPF
- Understand the principles of XAML and create applications using a combination of code and XAML
- Use the layout features of WPF to create flexible and attractive user interfaces
- Learn how to interoperate between WPF and Windows Forms
- Implement event and command-driven applications with windows, menus, dialogs, toolbars, and other common user interface features
- Use more advanced features of WPF such as dependency properties, routed events, logical resources, styles, templates, and data binding
- Access databases using Visual Studio 2017 and the Entity Framework 6
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to WPF
- WPF Controls
- Menus and Commands
- Toolbars and Status Bars
- Dependency Properties and Routed Events
- Data Binding
- Styles, Templates, Skins and Themes
- Windows Forms and WPF Interoperation
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.