Windows Workflow Foundation Using C#
Microsoft’s Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) provides a framework for creating scalable applications consisting of independent program units called activities. WF 4 was a major rewrite of this technology, offering significantly higher performance and making it easier to create and execute workflow applications. WF 4.5 contains new activities, designer capabilities, and a new workflow development model (state machines). It also supports the use of C# expressions in C# workflows.
The student should have programming experience in C# and the .NET Framework and be familiar with the Visual Studio development environment.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the concept of workflow and the architecture of WF
- Implement workflow applications using WF
- Use standard activities from the Built-In Activity Library
- Implement custom activities for workflow applications
- Provide hosting for workflow applications
- Implement persistence in workflow applications
- Implement and consume workflow services
- Debug workflow applications
- Handle errors and perform compensation in workflow applications
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Workflow Foundation Conceptual Overview
- Getting Started with WF 4.5
- Primitive and Control Flow Activities
- Custom Activities
- Workflow Hosting
- Collection and Parallel Activities
- More about Custom Activities
- Flowchart and State Machine
- Workflow Services
- Debugging and Error Handling
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.