POST-9/11 GI BILL (CHAPTER 33)
The following programs are eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill funding:
Cybersecurity and Information Technology
- Certificate in Cyber Foundations
- Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Certificate In Cyber Operations
- Certificate in Red Hat System Administration
- Certificate in Oracle Database Administration
- Certified Cyber Analyst/Operator
Project Management & Human Resources
- Certificate in Project Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) Exam Preparation
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) / SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®)
Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefit Information and Forms
- VA Student Handbook
- Admissions Guide for Veterans
- Certification Request Form
- Transcript Review Form
- Personal Responsibilities for Students Receiving VA Benefits
- Registration Form
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION & EMPLOYMENT (CHAPTER 31)
Eligible students can utilize Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment funding to pay for their training. Students should work with their VA Career Counselor to develop a customized training program based on their career objectives.
REPORTING OF TRAINING HOURS/HOUSING ALLOWANCE
As a Non-College Degree (NCD) Institution, UMBC Training Centers reports veteran students’ training time to the US Department of Veterans Affairs in clock hours, meaning the actual number of hours per week the student attends training. When a student registers for an approved VA program, the tuition, start date, end date, and number of clock hours are reported to the VA. To be considered a full-time student at UMBC Training Centers, the student must take 18 clock hours of training.
Please note that VA benefits are paid based on clock hours of attendance per week. UMBC Training Centers does not determine eligibility for VA education benefits nor does it calculate housing allowance benefits. It is the responsibility of the veteran student to apply for VA benefits to determine eligibility for education benefits and to estimate housing allowance benefits prior to registering for a program at UMBC Training Centers.
For more information about VA benefit programs, please e-mail an Enrollment Advisor or call 443-692-6600.