Clinical Coordinator in General (Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN) Specialty
Title: Clinical Coordinator in General (Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN) Specialty
Department: Center for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Reports to: Program Director of the Center for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
UMBC Training Centers is a premier provider of professional and technical training for individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies. UMBC Training Centers is a part of the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) and is organized as a not-for-profit organization owned by UMBC. Our mission is to improve the professional lives of students and the performance of organizations through the delivery of high quality education and training services.
Full-time (32 hours), permanent, year-round position responsible for coordinating effective clinical rotations for students in the specialty track and co-teaching the Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN Sonography scan lab curriculum of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. Performs the duties of Clinical Coordinator. Reports to the Program Director of the UMBC DMSP.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and determine Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN clinical rotation schedule.
- Coordinate and prepare pre-clinical paperwork/documentation.
- Visit Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN clinical sites routinely.
- Evaluate effectiveness of clinical education for each student at clinical site visits, by speaking with them, speaking with the clinical instructors, observing the student scan a patient and reviewing studies previously completed by the student.
- Maintain written and verbal communication with clinical sites regarding student performance.
- Report any student issues pertaining to clinical rotations to the Program Director.
- Provide clinical hands-on instruction in the scan lab to all students in the first summer session and to Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN students year-round.
- Use Moodle and Trajecsys effectively.
- Provide year-round counseling to students relating to scan lab instruction.
- Make any necessary revisions to the Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN scan lab curriculum per NEC and CAAHEP guidelines.
- Develop and revise scan lab exams and scan lab competencies, and administer to students.
- Teach Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN clinical skills in the scan lab.
- Administer scan lab assessments.
- Maintain and report grades for all sessions.
- Report any student issues to Program Director.
- Maintain contact information for all clinical sites, advisory committee members and affiliates.
- Monitor supply needs of scan lab.
- Assist with admissions and interview process of prospective students.
- Participate in all information sessions and annual orientation of new students.
- Participate in graduation ceremony and other program events.
- Assist with sonography program self-study for re-accreditation
- Assist with any other duties assigned by Program Director.
- Assist with the acquisition of new clinical sites.
- Maintain continuing accreditation documentation, surveys and reports.
- File and maintain mandatory paperwork required by program.
Required Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications:
- ARDMS or CCI credential in the appropriate specialty (RDMS OB and RDMS AB) with active status. Additional appropriate specialty credentials preferred (BR, FE, PS).
- Previous teaching/clinical instructorship experience preferred.
- Possess excellent computer skills
- Three to five years minimum full-time clinical experience preferred. Experience must be in Abdomen-Ext/OB-GYN. Additional training/experience preferred (Pediatric, Breast, MSK etc.)
- Minimum A.S. /A.A. degree. B.S. /B.A. degree preferred.
- Ability to display competence and share clinical skills with students.
- Professional development skills required: be a member of professional organizations and maintain CME’s.
|Location:||UMBC Training Centers
6996 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
|Contact:||If you are interested, please send your qualifications, experience, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.|