Title: Senior Accountant
Date Posted: 4/14/2023
The Senior Accountant is an integral part and support function in the accounting department of the organization. This position will be primarily responsible for supporting day to day accounting operations. Scope of work includes supporting the Controller by having shared responsibility for the expense/revenue, A/P and A/R cycles with other accounting staff. Additionally, the role will support the month-end close process, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, as well as providing data to assist with audit and tax compliance, participating in special projects, and working with students.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Controller and CEO of UMBC Training Centers.
- Responsible for full accounts payable accounting including expense reimbursements and vendor inquiries.
- Responsible for invoicing and accounts receivable activities.
- Preparation of journal entries to support month-end close.
- Preparation of account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Perform account analyses as assigned.
- Provide support for tax compliance.
- Aid with special projects on an as needed basis.
- Resolve the needs or questions of students in person, through phone communication, and email.
- Process credit card payments and refunds.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Assist the Controller and CEO on an as needed basis.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with ERP accounting packages (Sage Intacct preferred).
- Experience working with expense tracking and reimbursement packages (Concur preferred).
- Experience working with CRP platforms (Salesforce preferred).
- Practical knowledge in multi department accounting environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Practical basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and general math skills.
- MS Excel and Word proficiency at an intermediate level.
- Strong attention to detail, self-review to yield a low error-rate, organizational skills and analytical thinking are a must.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, manage timelines, and deliver upon deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students and demonstrate diplomacy and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Open to learning our business operations, what we do and how we do it.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience with emphasis on the required skills and abilities as described above.
- CPA or CPA candidate not required.
|Location:||UMBC Training Centers
6996 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
|Contact:||If you are interested, please send your qualifications, experience, and availability to email@example.com.|