Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Prof. (CSSLP)
This course is designed for software professionals that have the expertise to incorporate security practices – authentication, authorization and auditing – into each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), from software design and implementation to testing and deployment. Led by an (ISC)² authorized instructor, this training seminar provides a comprehensive review of information systems security concepts and industry best practices, covering the following eight domains of the CSSLP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®).
This training is ideal for those working in positions such as but not limited to:
- Software Architect
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Application Security Specialist
- Software Program Manager
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Penetration Tester
- Software Procurement Analyst
- Project Manager
- Security Manager
- IT Director/Manager
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the core concepts of software security and the foundational principles that drive construction of resilient software.
- Discuss the security design principles as essential elements for building secure software.
- Discuss software security standards and frameworks, roadmaps and strategies and risk management.
- Explain security in software development methodologies, security metrics and security culture in software development.
- Identify and analyze software requirements pertaining to data privacy, security and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Describe requirement specification and tractability, misuse and abuse cases and flow down of security requirements to supplier.
- Explain secure architecture and design elements and patterns, architectural risk assessment, threat modeling, threat intelligence and attack surface evaluation.
- Explain security architecture and control identification, prioritization and positioning.
- Apply secure coding practices, analyze code for security risks and implement security controls.
- Discuss third-party code and libraries, software composition analysis and security of the build process.
- Discuss security testing strategy plan and analyze security testing methods.
- Discuss validation and verification, security test results and tracking security errors.
- Describe secure software integration and deployment, security data and post-deployment security testing.
- Recognize various security-relevant maintenance activities and discuss planning for the continuity of operations.
- Discuss software supply chain risks and analyze security of third-party software.
- Explain supplier security requirements in the acquisition process and support for contractual requirements.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Domain 1. Secure Software Concepts
Domain 2. Secure Software Requirements
Domain 3. Secure Software Architecture and Design
Domain 4. Secure Software Implementation
Domain 5. Secure Software Testing
Domain 6. Secure Software Lifecycle Management
Domain 7. Secure Software Deployment, Operations, Maintenance
Domain 8. Secure Software Supply Chain
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.