AWS & Cloud IT Foundations
This course introduces students to the Cloud Computing value proposition; Cloud Computing solution models, and core Amazon Web Services (AWS) services and foundational technologies. Course attendees are provided with insights that will enable them to intelligently translate their organization’s business requirements into Cloud and AWS-based IT solutions.
Topics covered include:
- Articulate the Cloud Computing Business Value Proposition
- Understand Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Map Business Use Cases to Cloud and AWS Platform Opportunities
- Identify the Economic Costs and Benefits of the AWS Cloud
- Understand the core AWS foundational platform services for compute, networking, storage, database, and identity management: EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM
- Understand the SQL and NoSQL Database Services and Tool options available within AWS, including proprietary AWS services, open source options, and vendor/licensed options
- Understand the Security & Privacy Capabilities, Controls, and Assurances in place to maintain security and data protection
- Discuss Legacy Platform Migration issues such as: Cloud/AWS ROI; software licensing; proprietary software vendor issues; data migration; data privacy & security; compliance
- Engage in Development Team Meetings and Agile Scrum sessions involving AWSbased Cloud and DevOps solutions
Who Should Take This Course
Business Analysts, System Analysts, IT Managers, Project Managers, QA Testers, Developers, Business / IT Decision Makers.
Students should have working knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts; familiarity with basic finance concepts, and familiarity/experience with IT software development projects.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.