AWS Security Essentials
This course covers fundamental AWS cloud security concepts, including AWS access control, data encryption methods, and how network access to your AWS infrastructure can be secured. Based on the AWS Shared Security Model, you learn where you are responsible for implementing security in the AWS Cloud and what security-oriented services are available to you and why and how the security services can help meet the security needs of your organization.
This courses helps prepare students for Architecting on AWS
- Security IT business-level professionals interested in cloud security practices
- Security professionals with minimal to no working knowledge of AWS
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Working knowledge of IT security practices and infrastructure concepts, familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- AWS Technical Essentials
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Assimilate Identify security benefits and responsibilities of using the AWS Cloud
- Describe the access control and management features of AWS
- Explain the available methods for providing encryption of data in transit and data at rest when storing your data in AWS.
- Describe how to secure network access to your AWS resources
- Determine which AWS services can be used for monitoring and incident response
Module 1: Security on AWS
- Security design principles in the AWS Cloud
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
Module 2: Security OF the Cloud
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Data center security
- Compliance and governance
Module 3: Security IN the Cloud – Part 1
- Identity and access management
- Data protection essentials
- Lab 01 – Introduction to security policies
Module 4: Security IN the Cloud – Part 2
- Securing your infrastructure
- Monitoring and detective controls
- Lab 02 – Securing VPC resources with Security Groups
Module 5: Security IN the Cloud – Part 3
- DDoS mitigation
- Incident response essentials
- Lab 03 – Remediating issues with AWS Config Conformance Packs
Module 6: Course Wrap Up
- AWS Well-Architected tool overview
- Next Steps
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.