Advanced Developing on AWS
The Advanced Developing on AWS course uses the real-world scenario of taking a legacy, on-premises monolithic application and refactoring it into a serverless microservices architecture. This three-day advanced course covers advanced development topics such as architecting for a cloud-native environment; deconstructing on-premises, legacy applications and repackaging them into cloud-based, cloud-native architectures; and applying the tenets of the Twelve-Factor Application methodology.
- Experienced software developers who are already familiar with AWS services
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation
- Completion of the Developing on AWS course, and then a minimum of 6 months of application of those concepts in a real world environment.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze a monolithic application architecture to determine logical or programmatic break points where the application can be broken up across different AWS services.
- Apply Twelve-Factor Application manifesto concepts and steps while migrating from a monolithic architecture.
- Recommend the appropriate AWS services to develop a microservices based cloud native application.
- Use the AWS API, CLI, and SDKs to monitor and manage AWS services.
- Migrate a monolithic application to a microservices application using the 6 Rs of migration.
- Explain the SysOps and DevOps interdependencies necessary to deploy a microservices application in AWS.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Interfacing with AWS Services
- Deconstructing a monolithic architecture
- Migrating to the cloud
- Creating an infrastructure
- Declare and isolate dependencies
- Storing configuration in the cloud
- Establish a build, release, run model
- Creating the codebase
- Deploying an application
- Evolution of architecture
- Design patterns
- I/O explosion and preventing it
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.