Data Visualization with Tableau
Data Visualization is the graphical representation of large datasets using graphs and charts such as bar charts, line graphs, scatterplots, etc. Learn how to elegantly present datasets that allow your audience to quickly digest, understand, and derive insights or see trends from the data. This course teaches students how to work with Tableau to create effective visualizations of datasets and to build Dashboards within Tableau.
The primary audience for this course is business or technical professionals who need to analyze data and produce effective visualizations using Tableau.
An awareness of large datasets within your organization, what that data represents and where that data is stored is helpful. Comfort with basic charts such as bar charts, line charts, etc.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use Tableau to connect to a variety of data sources
- Filter data sets within Tableau
- Work with Tableau views and worksheets
- Build powerful visualizations with pie charts, bar charts, heat maps, etc.
- Build a Tableau dashboard
Still Not Sure This Is The Course For You?
Our Admissions Team can give you the facts you need to make the best decision for you. Request a call today by submitting the form below!
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Days 1 & 2 (Introduction to Tableau)
- Intro to Data Analysis & Business Intelligence
- Overview of Tableau
- Connecting to Data
- Key Terms & Concepts
- Business Visualizations
- Best Practices & Guidelines
- Concepts: Change over Time; Correlation; Magnitude; Deviation; Distribution; Ranking; Part-to-Whole
- Building Visualizations
- Standard: Tables; Stacked & Clustered Bar/Column charts; Line & Area charts; Scatter plots; Pie & Donut charts
- Intermediate: Treemaps; Waterfalls; Dual-axis & Combo charts; etc.
- Controls & Actions: Filtering/Slicing; Highlighting; Sorting; Parameters
- Analytics: Min/Max/Average; Trendlines; Forecasting; Clustering
- Formatting Visualizations
- Geographic Maps
- Point/Symbol; Filled; Density; Flow/Path; Spider
- Spatial Files – Linear; Polygon
- Best Practices
- Dashboard Actions
- Device-speciﬁc Dashboards
Day 3 (Enhanced Tableau)
- Advanced Visualizations & Dashboards
- Tableau Stories
- Tableau Public
- Galleries & Resources
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.