Lean Portfolio Management
In this three-day workshop style course, attendees gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants also explore methods to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PM/PO course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
Learners taking this course are:
- Program or Project Manager
- Release Train Engineer
- Agile Coach
- SAFe Program Consultant
- Portfolio Manager
- Program Manager
To perform the role of a SAFe® Practitioner, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
*Attendees must attend each day of the course to be eligible for the exam.
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. For more information about the exam and benefits of becoming a Certified SAFe professional, click HERE.
|Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.