Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure
This course provides students who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Who Should Take This Course
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Working knowledge of Transact-SQL. Working knowledge of relational databases. Some experience with database design.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job. The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- SQL Server Security
- Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
- Backing Up SQL Server Databases
- Restoring SQL Server 2016 Databases
- Automating SQL Server Management
- Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
- Monitoring SQL Server
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- Importing and Exporting Data
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.