Ansible for Network Automation (DO457)
Configure and manage network infrastructure using Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking
Ansible for Network Automation (DO457) is designed for network administrators or infrastructure automation engineers who want to use network automation to centrally manage the switches, routers, and other devices in the organization’s network infrastructure.
This course is based on Red Hat® Ansible Engine 2.5 and Red Hat® Ansible Tower 3.2.
Learn how to use Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking to remotely automate configuration of network devices, test and validate the current network state, and perform compliance checks to detect and correct configuration drift.
This course is designed for network administrators, network automation engineers, and infrastructure automation engineers who want to learn how to use Ansible to automate the administration, deployment, and configuration management of the network infrastructure of their organization or enterprise.
- Experience with network administration, including a solid understanding of TCP/IP, routers, and managed switches
- Familiarity with managing network devices from the command line, preferably with one or more of Cisco IOS, IOS XR, or NX-OS; Juniper JUNOS; Arista EOS; or VyOS
- You will work with text files and run commands in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment. A working knowledge of Linux, including how to edit text files and run commands from the shell, and how to use SSH to log in to remote systems
- Knowledge equivalent to Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) or better is recommended
- Prior Ansible knowledge is not required
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking on a management system
- Use Ansible to run ad hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks for network automation
- Gather information about network infrastructure configuration and backup
- Automate specific network administration use cases, including configuration of routers and switches, ports, VLANs, SNMP monitoring, and routing protocols
- Use Ansible playbooks to target devices from various hardware vendors, including Cisco, Juniper, and Arista
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Deploy Ansible
- Install Ansible and create Ansible inventories.
- Run commands and plays
- Execute ad hoc commands and prepare Ansible playbooks.
- Parameterize Ansible
- Control tasks with loops and conditions.
- Administer Ansible
- Safeguard information with Ansible Vault and manage inventories.
- Automate simple network operations
- Gather network information with Ansible and configure network devices.
- Automate complex operations
- Solve new MACD challenges and overcome real-world challenges.
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.