Architecting on AWS
Architecting on AWS covers the fundamentals of AWS. It is designed to teach Solution Architects how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into a cloud solution. Your architectural solution may differ depending on industry and size of business. Because there is no one-size-fits-all design, this course highlights some AWS Cloud design patterns to help you learn how a service may fit in the overall cloud design. It also covers the best practices and lessons learned.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is for solutions architects and solution design engineers.
Students should have attended the AWS Technical Essentials course, have working knowledge of distributed systems, have familiarity with general networking concepts, and have working knowledge of multi-tier architectures, familiarity with cloud computing concepts.
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Make architectural decisions based on the AWS recommended architectural principles and best practices
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of best security practices when using AWS
- Create a cloud migration roadmap and a plan
- Leverage AWS services to make your servers scalable
- Create a business continuity plan and achieve High Availability
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Leveraging Global Infrastructure
- Extending On-Premises into the Cloud
- Computing in the Cloud
- Designing Storage Subsystems
- Distributed Environments
- Choosing a Datastore
- Designing Web-Scale Media Hosting
- Event Driven Scaling
- Infrastructure as Code
- Orchestrating Batch Processing
- Reviewing Large Scale Design Patterns
- Designing for Cost
- Planning for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.