Architecting on AWS
Architecting on AWS covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS. The course is designed to teach solutions architects how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions. This course emphasizes AWS cloud best practices and recommended design patterns to help students think through the process of architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS. Case studies throughout the course showcase how some AWS customers have designed their infrastructures and the strategies and services they implemented.
- Solutions Architects
- Solution Design Engineers
- System Engineers
- Network Engineers
- System Administrators (Linux or Windows)
- Database Administrators
- Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Make architectural decisions based on the AWS-recommended architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient in order to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
- The Simplest Architectures
- Adding a Compute Layer
- Adding a Database Layer
- Networking in AWS Part 1
- Networking in AWS Part 2
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Elasticity, High Availability, and Monitoring
- Building Decoupled Architectures
- Microservices and Serverless Architectures
- RTO/RPO and Backup Recovery Setup
- Optimizations and Review
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.