AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials with Exam Prep
Amazon Web Services (AWS) commands the largest share of cloud services customers. There are over 200 services provided by AWS and those services continue to grow every year. This class is an in-depth survey of the most popular AWS services. Students will learn about AWS compute options, networking, storage tiers, database services as well as AWS security, monitoring and billing options. Employers are looking for AWS Certified candidates to fill a growing number of industry positions. This course will prepare you to pass the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CCP) exam.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam (CLF-C01) is the AWS entry-level certification. Passing the CLF-001 certification will show that you are familiar with the core structures and services of the AWS Cloud.
The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response. There are 65 questions and participants need to answer 70% of the questions correctly in a 90-minute timeframe.
Why UMBC Training Centers?
UMBC Training Centers is an Amazon Training Partner, authorized to deliver official AWS curriculum. Even for seasoned IT people, passing the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CCP) exam is time-consuming and not easy without careful study of the materials presented in the AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (CPE) course. In order to pass the CCP exam, students need to have a cursory understanding of potentially 80 AWS services that could arise as questions on the exam. It is also strongly encouraged that participants spend hours on practice questions and full practice exams.
The staff at UMBC Training Centers are AWS Authorized Instructors. Our instructors will provide a gentler, but in-depth discussion of all the topics in the AWS CPE class. Lectures will be combined with hands-on activities to help students better understand the AWS Cloud and associated services offered. We will discuss all the topics presented in the official AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials class, but will combine supplemental materials, hands-on activities and nightly practice question discussions to reinforce your knowledge of all topics. This class focuses on preparing students to pass the CCP certification exam through repetition of practice questions and in-depth discussion of strategies for answering exam questions.
- Students will receive the official AWS Student materials for AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (CPE).
- Students will be given access to several Practice Exams for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam.
- Students will be asked to create their own AWS Free Tier account
There are no prerequisites for this class. While it is considered entry-level, students should be comfortable with discussing IT topics such as networking, security, computing options, and data storage options provided by AWS at a relatively cursory, introductory level. It will be helpful, but not required, if you have some IT background in networking, security, software development, and/or systems administration.
- Participants will learn all the material and topics provided in the official AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (CPE) class.
- Instructors will use supplemental material, hands-on labs, and practice exam questions to reinforce learning.
- We take a gentler approach to learning the AWS Cloud, but will gain a deeper understanding of topics presented in the AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials class.
- Significant focus on exam preparation to take the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CCP) exam.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Explain the six benefits of the AWS Cloud
- Differentiate between on-premises, hybrid-cloud, and all-in cloud
- Describe the basic global infrastructure of the AWS Cloud
- Regions, Availability Zones, Edge Locations, Local Zones
- Describe the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Explain the Shared Responsibility Model
- Understand the core AWS services, including compute, network, databases, and storage
- Identify an appropriate solution using AWS Cloud services with various use cases
- Describe the core security services within the AWS Cloud
- Describe the basics of AWS Cloud migration
- Articulate the financial benefits of the AWS Cloud for an organization’s cost management
- Define the core billing, account management, and pricing models
- Explain use of various pricing tools and which help you make cost-effective choices for using AWS services
- Understand AWS Support Plan options
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.