AWS – Practical Data Science with Amazon SageMaker
In this intermediate-level course, individuals learn how to solve a real-world use case with Machine Learning (ML) and produce actionable results using Amazon SageMaker. This course walks through the stages of a typical data science process for Machine Learning from analyzing and visualizing a dataset to preparing the data, and feature engineering. Individuals will also learn practical aspects of model building, training, tuning, and deployment with Amazon SageMaker. Real life use cases include customer retention analysis to inform customer loyalty programs.
Who Should Take This Course
- Data Scientists
- Familiarity with Python programming language
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Prepare a dataset for training
- Train and evaluate a Machine Learning model
- Automatically tune a Machine Learning model
- Prepare a Machine Learning model for production
- Think critically about Machine Learning model results
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Module 1: Introduction to Machine Learning
- Types of ML
- Job Roles in ML
- Steps in the ML pipeline
Module 2: Introduction to Data Prep and SageMaker
- Training and Test dataset defined
- Introduction to SageMaker
- Demo: SageMaker console
- Demo: Launching a Jupyter notebook
Module 3: Problem formulation and Dataset Preparation
- Business Challenge: Customer churn
- Review Customer churn dataset
Module 4: Data Analysis and Visualization
- Demo: Loading and Visualizing your dataset
- Exercise 1: Relating features to target variables
- Exercise 2: Relationships between attributes
- Demo: Cleaning the data
Module 5: Training and Evaluating a Model
- Types of Algorithms
- XGBoost and SageMaker
- Demo 5: Training the data
- Exercise 3: Finishing the Estimator definition
- Exercise 4: Setting hyperparameters
- Exercise 5: Deploying the model
- Demo: Hyperparameter tuning with SageMaker
- Demo: Evaluating Model Performance
Module 6: Automatically Tune a Model
- Automatic hyperparameter tuning with SageMaker
- Exercises 6-9: Tuning Jobs
Module 7: Deployment / Production Readiness
- Deploying a model to an endpoint
- A/B deployment for testing
- Auto Scaling Scaling
- Demo: Configure and Test Autoscaling
- Demo: Check Hyperparameter tuning job
- Demo: AWS Autoscaling
- Exercise 10-11: Set up AWS Autoscaling
Module 8: Relative Cost of Errors
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.