Microsoft Azure Administrator Training
This 4-day Azure Administrator Training course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networking, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor your solution.
This course is ideal for Administrators to Developers.
Have Questions About Azure Administrator Training?
Our Admissions Team can give you the facts you need to make the best decision for you. Request a call today by submitting the form below!
Microsoft Azure Administrator Instructors
Timothy Euler has been in the IT field since 1995 as a Microsoft, Cisco and IBM trainer, and since 1992 as a certified IT consultant. Tim has the highest industry certifications like the Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCIE/security, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP and Azure Cloud Architect certifications. Mr. Euler has been consistently training individuals and organizations to excel in the IT field for over 27 years and has won numerous accolades and awards from some of the largest companies in the world. Mr. Euler can be heard talking about his favorite IT topic, the cloud and the invisible data center, whenever he is around. His cloud expertise and enthusiasm are all inspiring and are sure to give you a strong foundation as you venture into the cloud arena.
It is targeted toward anyone who wants to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
Students must have an understanding of:
- On-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement access management with Azure users, groups, and role-based access control.
- Use Azure Monitor to configure Azure alerts and review the Azure Activity Log.
- Query and analyze Log Analytics data.
- Deploy resources with ARM templates and organize Azure resources.
- Optimize your use of Azure tools like the Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, Cloud Shell and the Azure CLI.
- Create Azure storage accounts for different data replication, pricing, and content scenarios.
- Implement virtual machine storage, blob storage, Azure files, and structured storage.
- Secure and manage storage with shared access keys, Azure backup, and Azure File Sync.
- Store and access data using Azure Content Delivery Network, and the Import and Export service.
- Explain virtual machine usage cases, storage options, pricing, operating systems, networking capabilities, and general planning considerations.
- Create Windows virtual machines in the Azure Portal, with Azure PowerShell, or using ARM Templates.
- Deploy custom server images and Linux virtual machines.
- Configure virtual machine networking and storage options.
- Implement virtual machine high availability, scalability, and custom scripts extensions.
- Backup, restore, and monitor virtual machines.
- Understand virtual networking components, IP addressing, and network routing options.
- Implement Azure DNS domains, zones, record types, and resolution methods.
- Configure network security groups, service endpoints, logging, and network troubleshooting.
- Implement site connectivity schemas including VNet-to-VNet connections and virtual network peering.
- Implement Azure Active Directory, Self-Service Password Reset, Azure AD Identity Protection, and integrated SaaS applications.
- Configure domains and tenants, users and groups, roles, and devices.
- Implement and manage Azure Active Directory integration options and Azure AD Application Proxy.
- Implement and configure Azure Load Balancer, Azure Traffic Manager, and Azure Application Gateway.
- Use Azure RBAC to grant a granular level of access based on an administrator’s assigned tasks.
- Use Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to configure a strong authentication for users at sign-in.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Module 1: Azure Administration
In this module, you’ll learn about to tooling Azure Administrator uses to manage their infrastructure. This includes the Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, Resource Manager, and Resource Manager Templates. The demonstrations in this module will ensure you are successful in the course labs. Lessons include:
- Azure Portal and Cloud Shell
- Azure PowerShell and CLI
- Resource Manager
- ARM Templates
Module 2: Azure Virtual Machines
In this module, you’ll learn about Azure virtual machines including planning, creating, availability and extensions. Lessons include:
- Virtual Machine Planning
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Availability
- Virtual Machine Extensions
- Deploy and Manage Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machines and Scale Sets
Module 3: Azure Storage
In this module, you’ll learn about basic storage features including storage accounts, blob storage, Azure files, and storage security. Lessons include:
- Storage Accounts
- Azure Blobs
- Azure Files
- Storage Security
- Implement and Manage Storage
Module 4: Virtual Networking
In this module, you’ll learn about basic virtual networking concepts like virtual networks, IP addressing, Azure DNS, and network security groups. Lessons include:
- Virtual Networks
- IP Addressing and Endpoints
- Azure DNS
- Network Security Groups
- Configure Azure DNS
Module 5: Intersite Connectivity
In this module, you’ll learn about intersite connectivity features including VNet Peering, VNet-to-VNet connections, Site-to-Site Connections, and ExpressRoute. Lessons include:
- VNet Peering
- VNet-to-VNet Connections
- ExpressRoute Connections
- VNet Peering and Service Chaining
Module 6: Monitoring
In this module, you’ll learn about monitoring your Azure infrastructure including Azure Monitor, alerting, log analytics, and Network Watcher. Lessons include:
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Alerts
- Log Analytics
- Network Watcher
- Network Watcher
Module 7: Data Protection
In this module, you’ll learn about data replication strategies, backing up files and folders, and virtual machine backups. Lessons include:
- Data Replication
- File and Folder Backups
- Virtual Machine Backups
- Azure Site Recovery Between Regions
Module 8: Network Traffic Management
In this module, you’ll learn about network traffic strategies including service endpoints, network routing, Azure Load Balancer, and Azure Traffic Manager. Lessons include:
- Network Routing
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Traffic Manager
- Load Balancer and Traffic Manager
Module 9: Azure Active Directory
In this module, you’ll learn about Azure Active Directory (AD) including Azure AD Connect and Azure AD Join. Lessons include:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Connect
- Azure AD Join
- Implement Directory Synchronization
Module 10: Securing Identities
In this module, you’ll learn how to secure identities including Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD Identity Protection, and Self-Service Password Reset. Lessons include:
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Azure AD Identity Protection
- Self-Service Password Reset
- Azure AD Identity Protection
- Self-Service Password Reset
Module 11: Governance and Compliance
In this module, you’ll learn about managing your subscriptions and accounts including role-based access control, users and groups, and Azure policy. Lessons include:
- Subscriptions and Accounts
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Users and Groups
- Azure Policy
- Role-Based Access Control
- Governance and Compliance
Module 12: Data Services
In this module, you’ll learn how to effectively share data using Import and Export service, Data Box, Content Delivery Network, and File Sync. Lessons include:
- Content Delivery Network
- File Sync
- Import and Export Service
- Data Box
- File Sync
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
Do you offer group training for Azure Administrator?
Yes! We offer private training for groups of 8 or more. To request more information, submit the form below: