Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
ISACA’s Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification indicates expertise in information security governance, program development and management, incident management and risk management. This certification is an approved baseline certification under the DoD 8570.01-M IAM Levels II & III and CSSP Manager.
The management-focused CISM certification promotes international security practices and recognizes the individual who manages, designs, oversees and assesses an enterprise’s information security.
Around the world, demand for skilled information security management professionals is on the rise, and the CISM certification is the globally accepted standard of achievement in this area. The uniquely management-focused CISM certification ensures holders understand business and know how to manage and adapt technology to their enterprise and industry. Since its inception in 2002, more than 30,000 professionals worldwide have earned the CISM to affirm their high level of technical competence and qualification for top-caliber leadership and management roles.
This course includes a voucher for the CISM exam.
ISACA’s Certified Information Security Manager certification is for those with technical expertise and experience in IS/IT security and control and wants to make the move from team player to manager. CISM can add credibility and confidence to your interactions with internal and external stakeholders, peers and regulators.
As the case with the CISM certification exam, the candidates are required to have a minimum of five years of experience in information security management. Experience in the fields of information security governance, risk management, compliance, and incident management is also preferable.
ISACA’s Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification brings credibility to your team and ensures alignment between the organization’s information security program and its broader goals and objectives. CISM can validate your team’s commitment to compliance, security and integrity and increase customer retention! Earning a CISM certification:
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the relationship between information security programs and broader business goals and objectives.
- Paves a path from security technologist to security manager.
- Earn recognition among the most-qualified professionals in the information security and risk management fields.
- Provides enterprises with an information security management certification recognized by organizations and clients around the globe.
- Offers increased credibility by its real-world experience requirement.
Domain 1: Information Security Governance
- Enterprise Governance Overview
- Organizational Culture, Structures, Roles and Responsibilities
- Legal, Regulatory and Contractual Requirements
- Information Security Strategy
- Information Governance Frameworks and Standards
- Strategic Planning
Domain 2: Information Security Risk Management
- Risk and Threat Landscape
- Vulnerability and Control Deficiency Analysis
- Risk Assessment, Evaluation and Analysis
- Information Risk Response
- Risk Monitoring, Reporting and Communication
Domain 3: Information Security Program
- IS Program Development and Resources
- IS Standards and Frameworks
- Defining an IS Program Road Map
Domain 3: Information Security Program, continued
- IS Program Metrics
- IS Program Management
- IS Awareness and Training
- Integrating the Security Program with IT Operations
- Program Communications, Reporting and Performance Management
Domain 4: Incident Management
- Incident Management and Incident Response Overview
- Incident Management and Response Plans
- Incident Classification/Categorization
- Incident Management Operations, Tools and Technologies
- Incident Investigation, Evaluation, Containment and Communication
- Incident Eradication, Recovery and Review
- Business Impact and Continuity
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Training, Testing and Evaluation
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.